Saturday, September 15, 2007


The photo above was taken this summer when my son and his fiancee Jennifer were home. A wedding date hasn't been set yet, but we are hoping that it will be set by the end of this month.

The trip to Peoria was a good one, but exhausting. Ralph and I are headed to Washington DC for an Alzheimer's meeting on Monday and then back home on Tuesday. We have a little more travel in the next couple of weeks, but then things may slow down a bit. The Memory Walk is October 20th and we are gearing up for that as well.

My son is going through the final process of trying to get a federal clerkship after he graduates in May. It is a rough, rigorous and competitive process and no matter what the outcome for him it will be a good learning experience. I have to keep reminding him that even if he doesn't get a clerkship, he will still end up with a law degree from Stanford and that is definitely worth something!

As far as my health goes, things are o.k. Went to the doctor last week and of course, there isn't much he can say other than "come back in six months". I think we all feel a sense of helplessness -- knowing we can't do anything right now to slow this down. You do the best you can and carry on.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so very sorry that you have to go thru this. I can tell that you have a loving family that will be there for you at all cost. My name is Beckie and you Blog has help me in a lot of ways. see my husband may have Early-on-site Alzheimers. It runs in his family. His father died at the age of 56 after suffering for over 15 years with Alzheimers. Others in his family have been dignoise with Alzheimers. Your Blog gives a light to those that are seeking answers that don't know where to turn too. And maybe help othe like myself to know when memorie lose is not just getting older but a far deeper problem that needs a doctor. Right now my husband is is the stage of where he denies there is a problem. saving your blog in our favorites I hope that he will come across it and relize that he too has a problem.Again think you so much for sharing your life story and your struggles so that others may learn. You are a woman with great strenght. God Bless you and your family.
Beckie
E-maill Beckie7@Comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Kris,

Thanks for posting this family photo and updating us on your travels.

Mona Johnson, The Tangled Neuron