Monday, March 24, 2014

Georgia State Plan

I have written in the past about the state of Georgia working on a state plan to address Alzheimer's.  I am happy to say that the legislature passed the plan in this last session and we should see the results of the work of the committees soon.  Thanks to all that worked on that plan and I know it will be a valuable tool moving forward.

I also wrote a few weeks ago about the "Chicken Soup for the Soul, Living with Alzheimer's and Other Dementias" a few weeks ago.  Today I received an advance copy of the book and if you are dealing with Alzheimer's in your family, I highly recommend the book.  I haven't been able to read all the 101 stories but they all deal with caregiving, coping and compassion.  You will definitely learn something from these stories.  Thanks to all who put this together. It hits book stores mid-April. You may even recognize a few of the authors of some of the articles.

No comments: