Saturday, May 16, 2015

And the walls start to cave in

Yesterday was not a good day. I was playing Pickleball with my husband. I usually play about three or four times a week, so that wasn't unusual. But some days it is hard for me because there are too many people and too much noise. I had played a few games and was doing o.k., but then I was playing with my husband (fortunately he was my partner) and all of a sudden it was like the walls were closing in on me, I got confused, didn't know what I was suppose to do and I had a full blown panic attack.  It has been awhile since I had one and I can usually feel them coming on, but not this one. I had to get out of the gym as fast as I could. My husband realized what was going on and helped to get me out. it was as if the whole world was spinning around me and I could not get off the carousel. It is hard to explain, but it can be terrifying if you do not know what is happening for you. I went outside to get away from everything, but I couldn't set foot back in the gym. My husband took me home and I had another one at home -- which isn't unusual for me -- seems like If I have one, I have another or several.  But I was feeling better because I was in a safe place. It was a long day.

3 comments:

VJ said...

What you describe actually sounds a lot like my seizures (I have temporal lobe epilepsy). It's crazy how different brain disorders can have such similar symptoms. There is still so much we don't know about the brain!

Anonymous said...

I understand I get the same why around large crowds and noise
But like I said before you give me hope you where dignosed a few years back I hope I can be like you iam 53 and small things are happening
Thank you

Anonymous said...

I just had a bad experience and I realized how alone I really am